Monday, May 11, 2015

Portfolio reflection



Portfolio reflection
                To begin with my favorite piece in my portfolio is my autobiography. Why? It shows a day with my family, and the relationship that I’ve had with each and every one of my family members. It shows a day in my life with my family, it shows the little things I notice about how much me and my family correspond with each other. It shows how much I cherish every moment I spend with the people that have taught me the best of what they know, with hands down experience in not just one thing but many things. In the beginning of this year, which was.. late 2014 I believed my writing skills were good once I began writing during my junior year. Although throughout the times that I’ve written different essays I noticed that I have a natural flow for writing, but I would need to make my thesis statement a lot more clear than usual. The structure of my essays needed to be more organized. That’s mostly what I needed improvement from in my essays.
        There is one of my best skills, and I believe that's being a writer along with being a presenter. I was always a very decent presenter I always managed to be able to grab people's attention and bring them in to a way that they can understand the work that I am presenting. I believe that that's a very useful skill that someone can obtain. It was never easy, because I used to be very quiet. In the beginning of the year I wanted to be able to study psychology, or how to speak to people as a therapist. Then, I realized that I'd love to be apart of the performing arts theatre. I think that it's always been a passion for me, yes it has nothing to do with the way I work academically. Although I think it's a great use to have proper English during a presentation, and theatre is filled with many theatrical presentations.
    In one area I would like to improve in is procrastination. I've always had a terrible case of procrastination. When assignments are due, I always understand them. There's not one missing assignment in which I do not understand what is being asked of me. But I always think that I have so much time that I always end up running out of time and doing everything in a rush. This has always been a problem that I've held, but never took my time to address this issue I have. It always has an effect on me because I always think that understanding the assignment is
 

No comments:

Post a Comment