Friday, December 6, 2013

Just A Little Something About Me

              To start this off, my name is Nicole Herrera I'm a junior attending Fairfax high school. I'm 16 years old, almost turning 17 on March 22nd. I started highschool not knowing what was in store for me. I did not know that highschool was going to be a big change for me drastically. The people you surround yourself with has a lot to do with what kind of person you are, or choose to be. That's one of the main problems I used to have when I was in 9th-10th grade. You lie down with the dogs and you wake up with fleas. The only way I believe you can fix a problem is by acknowledging you have a problem. That's what I did, and now I'm paying the price by working my butt off, during Adult school from 3-6, along with Saturday School. I have realized that I have lost a lot of time throughout these 4 years, and now I'm in my 3rd year of highschool. Everything is going so fast, it feels like just yesterday I was watching my sister graduate from highschool. I think I made a good decision by attending Fairfax, because I have realized that this is a really good school, with so many good teachers. I haven't met all of them but I know that they have been hired for a reason. Except for Ms.Arkenburg, she almost ran me over for her reckless driving on school property. Other than that, I'm grateful for everyone that has walked into my life. And I love where I am in this world right now, I like the person I am becoming.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, how interesting, its great to know that you are a caring person! Seems as if you have a very interesting life. You seem to have many caring friends and its crazy to know that you were born on March 22, 1998! That's a very cool month! Being born in march is amazing because you were born in the beginning of the year! 15 is a great age to be because you are still very young and have a great life ahead of you! It's crazy that your name is Nicole! What a unique name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good and informative. It is a formal essay, so it's spelled "so" not "sooo".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you said high school teaches you many things

    ReplyDelete
  4. You described yourself really well, i learned stuff about you that i never knew. Every well written essay. Is English your favorite subject? I went to John Burroughs too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand how you feel; I have been slacking off during the high school years and this year, I have to take 3 classes for summer school. This is a great piece of writing!

    ReplyDelete